Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My love for yellow...

I have just recently realised that an increasing number of pieces in my wardrobe is yellow.  Yellow is an incredible colour to wear but it is also difficult as certain shades can make one's complexion look a little sallow (can I rhyme that with yellow?)  Waffling aside, here are the current pieces of yellow that I have in my ever growing wardrobe collection...

My "Banana" Shoes

High heels in an incredibly bright yellow suede like material.  These shoes with their curves and bright colour remind me of bananas strangely enough.  From local shop 5 Bee Shoes which is situated in DNA Gallery in TST.  (Side note: DNA Gallery is a fantastic place to wander around if you have the time as it has a plethora of local fashion retail businesses).

Courtesy of 5 Bee Shoes


Chiffon Yellow Maxi Dress

I recently found on etsy a maxi yellow chiffon like dress.  The chiffon material might make it look dressy but the button up collar helps to make it more daytime.  A brown belt and my Ferragamo loafers might be the possible pieces to go with this dress.  I was inspired to buy this dress because of the soft primrose colour.  Following the English royalty's love of this colour (Kate Middleton and HRH Queen Elizabeth II).


Yellow Chiffon Maxi from Etsy store Samlovesvintage

Colour Inspirations:


Katherine Middleton in Jenny Packham

HRH Queen Elizabeth is known for her love of pastel colours and especially the colour primrose.  Such a lovely name for a colour...


HRH Queen Elizabeth in her classic ensemble in one of her favourite colours - primrose


Sunshine Yellow Maxi

This dress just makes me smile with its punchy burst of yellow colour.  I love the fact that it is a maxi and of a light knit texture and I also like the check detailing on the top part of the dress.  The colour just reminds me of sunshine!


Yellow Maxi Dress from Wearitwellvintage


Yellow Straw Bag

This is one of my favourite purchases.  I have been wanting to buy a straw bag for Summer and came across this one in my local Salvation Army store.  A surprising treasure trove of clothing and accessories if you have the time to check regularly.




My Yellow Wishlist

All from various stores in Etsy:


No comments:

Post a Comment