Wednesday, August 1, 2012

City Samurai....Proenza Schouler style

Ok, I might be a little bit obsessed by my current love of all things Japanese but when I saw a picture from the August issue of Harpers Bazaar, I again started to fantasize about urban/city/futuristic samurais.  This time, the cool look and the sleekness of the trousers gives me a more City Samurai feel.  I guess the muted choice of colour for the luxurious fabric gives it that discrete City feel?  The look comes from the Fall 2012 collection and is modeled by Julia Nobis who gives an almost zen like look but with a touch of frost.  Just enough edge to hint at the hidden lethal skills of this City Samurai!  May be I am just off on my merry mystery tour of a land where samurais wearing designer clothing exist but this is what I feel and this is how I am inspired.  Anyway, I love the look and the styling.



Model Julia Nobis wears a look from Fall 2012 in the August issue of Harper's Bazaar.

Photograph by Kacper Kasprzyk, Styled by Jay Massacret.

No comments:

Post a Comment