Monday, October 1, 2012

OOOOO....Marks and Spencer have revamped their Per Una range...

Ok, anyone who knows me, knows that I have had a wee obsession with Marks and Spencer since I was a wee girl (I could post horrid pictures of my youth wearing a M&S shirt which my MUM still wears...but I won't).  However, I have been a tiny bit disappointed by its scatter gun approach in recent collections.  I used to usually find a few nice pieces from the Autograph and Limited Collections but never really anything from the Per Una range.  To be honest, I always thought it was a bit mumsy with its over designed frills and chintzy embellishments.  The skirts were either too long or were at that strange midi length with some sort of gypsy type ruffle at the bottom.  Also there were some garish patterns and the range was extremely over priced for the average M&S customer in my humble opinion.

Imagine my surprise when M&S have announced that Amber Valletta (model and actress currently famous for starring in the US TV drama Revenge) is currently working with M&S on their Per Una range and fronting their campaign.  This follows the recent Autograph campaigns with Rosie Hungtington-Whitely and Ryan Reynolds.  Having a look at some of the key pieces, I was extremely impressed.  They seemed to have gone back to elegant work wear pieces which could be suitable for a range of professional women.  Younger ladies can wear it with some more "fashion forward" items whereas more mature ladies might not feel too intimidated and can avoid the issues of "mutton dressed as lamb" syndrome.

Here are some of my favourites:


Camel Coat (Great basic piece)


Gothic Paisley Dress
(Good work to evening dress with the added pop of
colour and a great graphic/laser cut style print)


Black Lace Jacket
 (Apparently Amber's favourite...)


Grey Wool Coat
(Channeling the cocoon style trend)


Red Textured Dress
(Nice twist on a little black dress with the red texture)


Textured Chain Jacket
(My favourite piece so far as it has the right amount of opulence and versatility)


The pictures so far have really got me excited about Marks and Spencer again.  I am hoping that they live up to the hype.  The question for me would be whether the quality would live up to the pictures?  Sometimes when you see a piece online, you think "Wow!  Yes!" and then you see it in the store and the material and finishings are cheap and horrid.

So I guess, watch this space.  The jury is still out on this...


No comments:

Post a Comment